Zuzus & Chochos

"I don't deserve this award, but I have arthritis and I don't deserve that either." -Some guy.

Mi foto
Nombre: raquela
Ubicación: Oklahoma City, OK, Mexico

I LOVE VEGGIETALES!!

lunes, noviembre 14, 2005

Loser/Quitter?

If I change my major am I a loser? Does it really matter to me what other people think about me about that?
All that should matter to me is my happiness and if I'm using my knowledge or my skills to accomplish God's will with me, right?
This morning, my mom told me that if I wanted to change my major I could. I no longer have the pressure of becoming the best and fulfilling my mom's expectations of an excellent straight A daughter and becoming someone she always wanted to be.

I am not going to change anything just yet. I'm going to keep thinking about it, then do what I think is best for me. It's not late to change my major, I wouldn't be wasting any classes. But if I did decide to change my major, it would look really bad on my transcript if I changed it back to Biology.

I told my mom I would probably have to take Zoo again. She only freaked out a little bit, but I know it's something I'm going to have to do.

My second option has always been to major in Psychology. The reason why I wanted to become a Physician (besides my mom) is because I love and want to help people. Then I realized there are other ways of helping people. For instance, a school counselor, help sexually abused victims, aid drug abusers and helping children whose parents were divorced, you know, things of the like.


I talked to Atif* about it and he suggested I minor in Psychology instead of just kissing the health field goodbye. Biology is hard enough. I don't think I could take on a big minor. But like I said I'm going to keep thinking and praying about it. Maybe it's just this stupid Zoo class. Maybe once I get through it I'll be okay.
So just keep me in your prayers. Gracias!
Thanks for listening too, Babe. ;)